Monday, September 12, 2011

May 8, 2012

Is the next surgery date. An 8 month waiting list. Wow . . . in 2003 when I first went to him it was 5 months and I thought that was a long time. :-) Is he worth the wait? Every bit of it!!!

Thanks to all who have left comments for me. I will say it again -- Dr. Philippon is the BEST and I wouldn't even consider letting someone else do anything to my hip. Is it worth it to see him -- YES!!! GO! If he can't fix it, NO ONE can. In fact, if I didn't have my right hip to base everything on, I would be freaked out with my left. BUT, my right hip is still perfect after 8 years. No problems, no twinges, no tightness, nothing. My right hip is what my left hip wants to grow up to be.

For now, however, it's the same story. Lower back problems, adductor tightness, major psoas tightness, etc. You all know the drill. A daily balance between living my life and crippling pain. I know it will get better and am just in the waiting it out period.

At the risk of wishing my life away, I have May 8 marked in big bold letters on my calendar and am counting down the days already. I don't feel the need to start my logistical planning yet so am just chilled out trying to figure out how much is enough and not too much when it comes to activity. Still don't have that right and am realizing that I probably never will but that's ok too.

May 8, 2012 . . . . should I plan a canyoneering trip for Fall, 2012? Am I that confident? :-)

No comments: