Monday, June 14, 2010

Why am I so stubborn?

I know that overdoing anything will make my hip ache. I KNOW that. So, why do I continue to overdo everything to the point of not being able to sleep because of pain? Why I ask myself?

I had to get my bike out this weekend and push just to see if that would hurt. Why yes it did. So, if that wasn't enough, I had to clean house, work in the yard, shop with lots of walking between stores, work in the garden and do ALL of my laundry at once. The result -- lots of Advil (flirted with vicodin but it was only a flirtation) and lots of cursing under my breath.

It's groin pain with an especially nagging ache down the inside of my left thigh -- my old adversary the adductor I believe. It hurts when I try to raise my knee, it hurts when I am at full extension when I walk and it's truly painful when i try to sit cross legged on the floor. No go! And, the resulting back pain from my hip being out of whack is probably the worst part. ugh! I have 2 spots in my lower back that you can almost visibly see because the muscles are so tight. But my right hip is perfect I continue to whine. Why didn't my left go the same route????? It's not fair. This sucks!!

I am counting the days until I see Dr. Philippon. I need a miracle . . . anyone got any extras?

No comments: