Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I love a thrill!

So, I did it! I bought a mountain bike and, in typical April fashion, couldn't wait to ride it so I took off to the trails in the pitch black with only a small headband type light on. :-) As I was ripping through a trail close to my house, I had to smile. It's 9:00 at night, pitch black and I am riding full speed down a trail where I really don't know what's ahead of me. My adrenaline was pumping, my heart was pounding and I felt so ALIVE! :-) And, I have incredibly strong legs. One of the reasons that I was flying is that my legs are just so darn strong. I continue to be amazed with my strength and ability to do things that I haven't been able to do in a few years. I can't actually think of an adjective that can properly describe how happy I am with my progress. I am still battling with the adductor. It was particularly testy with me last night after my wild ride but I didn't care. Get over it . . I think I said out loud. Nothing is stopping me now.

Guess there may be a bike rack added to the top of my car soon so I can have the option of biking or kayaking. I so don't want summer to end!!

1 comment:

Louisa B said...

Let me be you, let me be you, let me be you... what a great recovery, boy you've worked for it but now the rewards are showing! Good for you!!