Sunday, July 19, 2009

Back on track

I have been crabby lately. It's lasted for an entire week which is highly unusual for me. I don't know what the problem is but I will be glad when it passes. Ugh!

On the positive side, I have had good hip progress. My left adductor is prickly (thanks to Sharon for that medical description). :-) At the slightest provocation, it will spasm and lock in place. Sharon had to work on it 3 times during my physical therapy session on Thursday but the good news is that it seemed to work. I did a full kill myself workout yesterday and no problems. In fact, I feel really good today. I kayaked for about 3 hours today and the peacefulness of the water seemed to help me relax a bit. I expected for my hip to be really stiff when I got out of the boat but it wasn't. That, my friends, gives me lots of hope. This is the first time that I haven't been incredibly stiff after sitting that long.

Sharon also checked my external rotation in preparation for my visit with Dr. Philippon and found that my left is pretty close to my right. Yippppeeee!!! Progress. That always makes me feel better and much more positive about life in general. My left side still has a little bit to go in terms of matching my right but there is measurable progress. It seems to be my adductor that is really holding me back. Still more work to do there.

I leave for Colorado on Wednesday. I am working in Ft Collins with a client until Sunday and then driving to Vail. My appointment with Dr. Philippon is Monday at 9:30 am. I am anxious to see my friends at Howard Head and hear what they have to say and also Dr. P to see if I can get back to swinging my driver. I am 12 weeks post-op as of last Thursday. It simply doesn't seem possible.

Thanks to everyone who leave me the encouraging comments on my blog. It is so great to have a support system from other hip patients!

I am drinking a nice glass of wine tonite and enjoying spending time with my sister and nephew and trying to remember how truly lucky I am!

No comments: