Thursday, July 2, 2009

Back on the wagon

I am being a very good girl. For those of you who know me, you know how truly hard that is for me to do. I am a girl who likes to push my limits (and sometimes those of others). :-) But I told you that I had learned my lesson and I truly meant it. I have been very good this week . . . daily workouts but only what I am allowed to do. Ok, maybe one slight exception -- I went to Nifs last night to work out and the rowing machine insisted that I try it. I tried to resist; I looked away, I turned my music up louder but it called so loudly that I had to shut it up somehow. So, I strapped myself in and rowed. Wow . . . it felt so good. Now before anyone thinks they need to chastise me - I only stayed on for 2 minutes, I kept a slow pace and I am officially allowed to do rowing machine and elliptical as of today so I don't really think that 1 day will be the end of the world.

Today is 10 weeks . . . I can hardly believe it. A whole new world opens up to me at 10 weeks -- rowing and elliptical. I am still having some pain from my stupidity over the weekend so I am not going to jump right in and try to make it worse. I see Sharon again today for more trigger point release and a few exercises. Hopefully by the weekend, I can begin to add some additional things in . . . slowly! :-)

I have been working on my external rotation also. My left still has a ways to go to be even with my right but it's definitely improving. I'm not sure where Dr. P expects it to be when I go back to see him. It will be interesting to see Lindsay again and hear her assessment of my progress.

The summer is flying by. I can't believe it is July 4 holiday weekend already. My sister gets home from Germany today and soon my house will be even more full of family. Work seems like I was never gone. It's crazy busy as always and I have to make a conscious effort to get out of there at a decent hour and get to the gym to do my exercises.

Bottom line - everything is good and seems to be progressing according to plan. I continue to feel good, stronger and optimistic about the future . . . exactly where I want to be right now!

No comments: