Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ahhhhh physical therapy

So I went to see Sharon today and confessed my sins. She was marvelous and did some trigger point release work on my hip. It helped tremendously!! In fact, Sharon was quite easy on me and said that I really didn't do anything all that bad. I definitely tightened up some muscles unnecessarily and she lectured me a bit on the downside to doing that. All things that I already knew but it was good to hear it from her. I am back on the straight and narrow tonite. I learned my lesson . .. that doesn't mean that I won't have to learn it again but for now, I am good and am committed to not doing more stupid stuff anytime soon.

I upped weights today on the leg press. Yippeee!!! I love to watch the muscles flex in my quads when I push the weights out. It thrills me! More hip machine and single leg lunges. Then I came home and did core work. Tomorrow will be a killer workout at NIFS and I am thinking that I will be ready for it. Again . . back on the straight and narrow. Even with the sore, overtaxed muscles from this weekend, I still have no hip pain and feel remarkably good.

I have just about a month before I see Dr. Philippon for my 3 month check. I absolutely cannot believe it's been 9 weeks already. I would say time flies when you are having fun but some of it wasn't so fun. What has been fun though is having no pain and getting strong again.

The other thing I will say is that I absolutely did the right thing in staying in CO for 6 weeks of therapy but I also feel very lucky to have found Sharon here. I have gotten stronger since I started working with her and she continues to challenge me. I will be sad when I have to stop seeing her too. I found out today that she lives pretty close to me and owns a canoe. It will be my personal challenge to get her on the reservoir with me before the season is over. :-)

Even though I was a bit sad to leave Colorado I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying spending my summer hanging out with my friends. Thursday night I am off to see The Fray with girlfriends and am looking forward to it. . . especially since Friday is a non-work day. My sister comes home from Germany next week and then will be here to spend most, if not all, of the month of July with me. I am looking forward to hanging out with her too!!

Here's to 2009, summer and turning 50. Woohooo!!

No comments: