Friday, April 17, 2009

36 hours to go


I am leaving Sunday to drive to Kansas City to see a client on Monday so today was my last official day in the office. The Indy office is great! In fact, they took me out for beers to celebrate today. I am not entirely sure what they were celebrating but I suspect it might be the fact that they won't have to put up with me for the next 7 weeks. :-) Whatever the reason, it was lots of fun. In fact, here's a picture of the motley crew that makes up the Indy office. They actually are very wonderful to me and I appreciate the beers today everyone . . .THANKS!!

I had to face facts today that not everything was going to be finished when I walked out the door. I brought lots of files with me and I promise not to look at them until I am completely out of Vicodin . .. with a couple of exceptions . . . the only way I may be able to make sense of them is with Vicodin -- you know who you are!!

I have been running errands and packing tonite. I have a much better handle on what goes with me. I am totally focused on the task at hand . . remember 36 hours and I work exceptionally well under pressure.

More music on the i-touch tonite. Finger Eleven was the band of choice tonite.

I talked to a co-worker in Denver today who told me they were getting 24 inches of snow. Yikes!! Glad I bought the new tires and have all wheel drive. Getting up to Vail could be a bit tricky. I was hoping for warm 70 degree weather there. Guess I'm going to have to wait awhile. Oh well . . .

I am definitely ready to get on the road and let the adventure begin.

No comments: