Saturday, April 18, 2009

Done

I have answered the question on what to pack to be away from home for 7 weeks. Now, the question remains . . did I get everything that I needed? I guess I'll find out. It's 10:30 and I have been at this almost all day. Almost meaning that I took time out to run errands and have a little fun. You know what they say about all work and no play.

I was going to pack the car tonite but there are things that I will need to use in the morning so it seemed futile to pack some things but not others so I have decided to wait and do everything in the morning. I guess that shouldn't be surprising since I tend to put everything single thing off to the last possible moment. This will be no exception. No need to change now. This system seems to work so well for me. :-)

At this point, I am just ready to go get this done and over with. It occurred to me today that this is the last weekend that I will be walking around without crutches, braces and other assorted paraphernalia. I will miss that. Taking away my independence does not come easy for me and that may be some of the hardest part of this recovery. I hate to ask someone else to get or do something for me.

Good news though -- I have finally worn Mitchell down and he has agreed to shave my legs. I think he has agreed just to make me shut up about it but I figure if it worked once it should work again. Wish me luck on that.

In 10 hours, we will pack the car and I won't see my house again until June. My hip was especially painful today. I dropped something in the kitchen and bent over to pick it up. When I stood again, my hip seemed to be out of place and it took a minute for the pain to subside. It has also been very tight and pops periodically. I will be grateful for all of that to stop as I know it will since I never have any of it with my right hip.

So, Vail here I come. Let the adventure begin . . . .

No comments: