Monday, April 6, 2009

Good news!

The physical therapy clinic in Vail is part of my PPO! Yippeeee!!! I got a call today from them and they had actually called my insurance company so they had all sorts of good information. I am thrilled. I am wondering . . . if they can get A-Rod back to playing baseball and Kurt Warner back to playing football, can they get me back to playing something? anything? :-) Maybe I'll have surgery and suddenly become a pro ______________ (you fill in the blank).

As the time gets closer, I get more and more anxious. Even though he's done my right hip, I keep going through all of the what if's . . . what if it doesn't work, what if it can't be fixed, what if . . . . . Well, the last one is a result of a phone call with a friend of mine today who informed me that a co-worker of his went in for knee surgery and died at age 51. Now THAT'S something that I really didn't need to hear today.

It's also time to worry about the really stupid stuff -- do i leave the outside lights on or off? How will I get my sprinkler system turned on and running for the year? I won't get to see all of the landscaping that I did last year bloom this year. Who's going to shave my legs and paint my toenails after surgery? Who will pick up the pamphlets that the Jehovah Witness people keep leaving at my door?

Ok, and my last thought for the night -- I am obsessed about the pain and nausea when waking up from anesthesia. It's a dread that has begun to take over any thought I have about the upcoming surgery. I have to get it out of my head and focus on the positives that will come about as a result of surgery. That is my focus for the remainder of the week. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I vote for professional fire eater.